I would like to thank Zoulou, my lovely black and tan daschie, without whom this wouldnt have been possible. Ooh zoulou, how much I love you! <3
So, for today, I made a lovely warm salad, yes there are such things. It is from my much loved BBC good food guide. Here is the source: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1145658/warm-potato-radish-and-halloumi-salad
PLOOMEY'S HALLOUMI SURPRISE AND ALSO I LOVE ADUTU
(Warm winter salad with red radish, garden fresh lettuce, halloumi, and chives)
What you need:
Here is a picture....of some of the stuff :D
180 gram packet of Halloumi, chopped into 8 slices
Four to five lettuce leaves
Three tablespoons of chopped spring onions/chives
100 grams of red radish or white radish (mooli)
Juice and rind of half a lemon
One red chilli, chopped
Four tablespoons of olive oil
Four to five potatoes, boiled and halved
What to do:
1. Arrange the lettuce leaves in your salad bowl.
2. Prepare two bowls. In one bowl, add the lemon juice and two tablespoons of olive oil, in another bowl, add the lemon rind and the chopped red chilli.
3. Add the boiled potatoes to the bowl with the lemon juice and olive oil, and add that to the salad bowl.
4. Add the radish and the chopped spring onions.
5. Now, add all the chopped halloumi to a non stick pan, and drizzle with the olive oil, chopped red chilli and lemon rind which was lying in the other bowl. I forgot to take a picture of the halloumi with the drizzle, because I was talking to a lovely and very dear to the heart kind of friend of mine, Aditi Dey Sarkar. :) O I love her so much.
6. Once its nice and brown, add it on top of the salad and mix around.
7. Life will be beautiful now.
Here it is finally....
And with some more mixing...
You have now earned the right to eat this. It is amazing how simple and yet wonderful some recipes can be. I did feel the halloumi to be a rip off, I mean, tofu or paneer could have worked too, but im happy I took the risk, now atleast I know what halloumi is. I next want to try some mascarpone, then some gouda, then some yak...ok the list is endless. Maybe I should just make my own cheese or something. Yes, lots of maybes, but now its time to go. I will end with some wiki-ing. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloumi If you click here, you will learn about wonderful halloumi.